Last updated and effective date: January 23, 2020
Where relevant, our website may incorporate links to third party websites and/or applications. Please note that BalmLabs has no control over the privacy policies of websites or applications that we do not own.
The following outlines what personal information BalmLabs’ collects and how we in turn use that information:
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT & HOW WE USE IT
When you create an account with BalmLabs, we collect your name and email address. You are also able to save certain information in your profile to help expedite future purchases, including your shipping address(es) and payment info (“Card on File”). Note that when you include a Card on File, we collect your payment details, including billing address, phone number and zip code. This personal information is used to maintain your account and offer efficiencies at checkout, including quick checkout, preferences and transaction history.
USING OUR WEBSITE
When you visit our website, we collect certain info on how you navigate and use our site. This can include what you click on and what content you view. We also collect technical data about your device, operating systems and browser type. This is all done to better understand how you interact with our site, and how we can better the customer experience. We also may use this info to customize the marketing and advertising that we show you.
CONNECTING WITH US
When you contact us we collect your name and contact details (such as email address and/or phone number), along with any other information you choose to share with us including any social media information. We use this simply to respond to you, ensuring that your questions are answered, issues are resolved or feedback is taken on-board.
POSTING IN PUBLIC FORUMS
We sincerely appreciate when you choose to share your product experience on our website’s public Ratings & Reviews feature, or post a comment on one of our social channels (Instagram, Facebook or Twitter). We use the information you share to understand your opinions, feedback and experience, and ultimately create a forum for conversation, sharing and community.
When you sign-up for our e-newsletter, we collect your contact information. We may also collect information about how you interact with our e-newsletter. This information is used so that we are able to communicate directly with you, and better understand how you interact and respond to the promotional content we send you.
MAKING A PURCHASE
When you place an order on our website, we collect your name, e-mail address, phone number, shipping address, payment information and billing address. This is used to fulfil your order and process payment. We also use this information to provide receipts and order updates.
In addition to the personal information we collect from you directly, we may also obtain information about you from other sources, including third parties, business partners, our affiliates, or publicly available sources.
In addition to the activities described above, we use personal information in the following ways:
- To detect security incidents, and to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.
- To comply with legal obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
- To support core business functions, including to maintain records related to business process management, loss and fraud prevention, and to collect amounts owing to us.
- To perform data analytics using google analytics or some other third-party analytics tool.
HOW WE COLLECT IT
HOW IT IS SHARED
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SHARED
BalmLabs discloses personal information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We share certain personal information with third party partners that support our core business functions and internal operations. This includes order fulfilment, package delivery, sending postal mail and e-mails, analyzing customer data, providing marketing support, administering our Ratings & Reviews, processing credit card and debit card payments, investigating fraudulent activity, conducting customer surveys and providing customer service.
- Public Forums. Our website provides the opportunity to post content in a public forum, namely our Ratings & Reviews. If you decide to submit information in this public forum, that information will be publicly available.
- Legal Process. We may disclose personal information in response to subpoenas, warrants, court orders, government inquiries or investigations, or to comply with relevant laws and regulations. We may also disclose information to establish, exercise, or protect the rights of our company, employees, agents, and affiliates; to defend against a legal claim; to protect the safety and security of our visitors; to detect and protect against fraud; and to take action regarding possible illegal activities or violations of our policies.
- Business Transfers. BalmLabs may share personal information with prospective purchasers or investors to evaluate the proposed transaction. BalmLabs may transfer all personal information it has collected in the event of a sale, merger or asset purchase.
HOW IT IS PROTECTED
PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We recognize that our customers trust us to protect their personal information. That said, we have established and maintain reasonable and appropriate safeguards that are specifically designed to help protect your personal information. Nevertheless, no method of transmission over the internet or security system is perfect, and we cannot promise that the personal information that you share with us will remain secure in all circumstances.
One specific item of note is our website includes functionality that allows you to stay logged in so that you don’t have to consistently re-enter your password each and every time you visit our site. Should you choose to remain logged in, it is important to note that anyone with access to your device will be able to access your account and, in turn, may be able to make purchases through your account. We strongly recommend that you take appropriate security steps to protect against unauthorized access to your account. We also encourage you to notify us as soon as possible if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or password.
HOW YOU CAN MANAGE IT
It’s important to note that you have the following choices regarding your personal information:
ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are a BalmLabs customer, you may email us at any time at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to your personal information. We will gladly grant you reasonable access to the personal information we have about you.
UPDATING YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION
If you have an existing account, you can update your name, e-mail address and other preferences by logging into the site and clicking on the “My Account” page. You can also email us at email@example.com and we will happily update your account information for you.
UPDATING YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
If you have given us permission to store your credit card information and don’t want us to receive your updated credit card details through your credit card issuer’s account updater service, please contact your card issuer directly.
DELETING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
UNSUBSCRIBING FROM BALMLABS’ COMMUNICATIONS
If you subscribed to BalmLabs’ e-newsletter, you can stop receiving promotional emails at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any promotional e-mail that you receive.
REMOVING CONTENT FROM BALMLABS’ PUBLIC FORUMS
You can always request that we remove content that you have posted on a public forum on our website, such as the Ratings & Review section. Simply email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and we will remove your content. It is important to note that our removal of your content does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of that information from our website, i.e. historical copies or caches may remain.
TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION TO OTHER COUNTRIES
BalmLabs’ head office is located in Canada and our service providers may be located in the United States or other countries. As a result, your personal information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage and processing of your personal information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States.
CONNECTING WITH US
If you have any questions about our privacy or security practices, you can contact BalmLabs’s General Counsel by mail, telephone, or e-mail:
Legal Department, Privacy
388 Carlaw Avenue,
Suite 300, Mailbox 6,
Toronto, Ontario, M4M 2T4,
If we need, or are required, to contact you concerning any event that involves your personal information we may do so by e-mail, telephone, or mail.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California Civil Code Sections 1798.115(c), 1798.130(a)(5)(c), 1798.130(c), and 1798.140 indicate that organizations should disclose whether certain categories of personal information are collected, “sold,” or shared for an organization’s “business purpose” (as those terms are defined under California law).
The following describes the categories of personal information we collect and how we disclose such information. Please note that because this list is comprehensive, it may refer to types of information that we collect and share about people other than you, including BalmLabs’ clients, employees, contractors, and job applicants. For example, while we transfer credit card or debit card numbers for our business purposes in order to process payments for orders placed with us, we do not collect or transfer credit card or debit card numbers of individuals that submit questions through our website’s “Contact Us” page. Note that we do not sell personal information. We use third party behavioral advertising.
BalmLabs collects the following categories of information:
- Customer identifiers including real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, e-mail address, account name, or other similar identifiers. We share this type of information with our service providers for our business purposes.
- Job applicant/employee identifiers including real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, internet protocol (IP) address, e-mail address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers. We share this type of information with our service providers for our business purposes.
- Personal information described in California Civil Code Section 1798.80. We share this type of information with our service providers for our business purposes.
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law. We share this type of information with our service providers for our business purposes.
- Commercial information. We share this type of information with our service providers for our business purposes.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information. We share this type of information with our service providers for our business purposes.
- Geolocation data. We share this type of information with our service providers for our business purposes.
- Audio, electronic, visual, or similar information. We share this type of information with our service providers for our business purposes.
- Professional or employment-related information. We collect this information from job applicants and employees. We share this type of information with our service providers for our business purposes.
- Education information. We collect this information from job applicants and employees. We share this information with our service providers for our business purposes.
- Inferences drawn from the information identified above. We share this information with our service providers for our business purposes.
Please note that because this list is comprehensive it may refer to types of information that we collect and share about people other than yourself. In addition, if you would like more information concerning the categories of personal information (if any) we share with third parties or affiliates for their direct marketing purposes, please submit a written request to us using the information in the “Connecting With Us” section above.
Copyright © 2020 BalmLabs Inc. All rights reserved.